Here at the office we are busy spring cleaning and getting organized, something about the nicer weather just makes me want to get things spruced up and taken care of! Here are a few helpful tips if you are also feeling inspired.
- Tackle one room at a time. Start top to bottom, don't forget light fixtures and ceiling fans up high, base boards and air return vents down low. If you work one room at a time it helps you focus, feel accomplished and motivated to tackle the next space.
- De clutter. Clear out unneeded items. Consider donating gently used household items to a local charity, have a yard sale or list them on line. Less clutter makes cleaning easier and quicker, it also makes your space look larger and more organized.
- Go environmentally friendly. Use microfiber cloths and mops that can be laundered instead of disposable paper products. Use vinegar instead of Windex and baking soda as a scrub for sinks ect. Check out this website for tips on how to keep it natural wellnessmama.com or www.davidsuzuki.org
- Clean out for medicine cabinet. Check expiry dates on over the counter medication and discard and unused old prescriptions, both can be dropped off at your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- Go through your make up bag. These products expire too. Check the labels to be safe, many have a time frame after opening (i.e. 3 months). Don't forget to check products like cream, shaving gel and hair products too. They lose their effectiveness and can harbor bacteria over time.